Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Midtown

Was just on my way down to Union Square to do a bit of grocery shopping, all hell had broken loose in Midtown with a 1924 vintage steam pipe having exploded. The streets were packed with people as all office buildings in the area had been evacuated and the masses of people that normally file into Grand Central couldn't as it was closed. Midtown turned to gridlock (which I can assure you is nothing unusual)
The steam just kept spewing out it was quite a sight.


5 Comments:

Blogger kenny said...

I saw this on another blog so it looks like it was a major event. It's cool that you got to be there.

4:17 am  
Blogger FireHorse said...

I thought of you when I heard this on 702 ABC this morning (my time). They spoke with an Aussie guy who worked in a building about 100 metres from the explosion. He said he and his colleagues started running downtown with everybody else.

I imagine it must have left people feeling (until they knew otherwise) like it was 9.11 all over again.

I'm glad you are OK. Did you finish your grocery shopping?

7:03 am  
Blogger RAD said...

Scary! I would of flipped out If I heard a big bang too! What a mess! Great breaking story and pics Anderson Cooper --I mean Ian Cooper!

10:03 am  
Blogger Monty said...

How cool are your pics!

1:03 am  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Great shots!

You should be a newsman!

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home